The Princess Grace Foundation-USA seeks an experienced and talented Development Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive development plan to maximize contributed income. Working with a small team, they will create a strategy to engage new donors while enhancing relationships with current patrons. This is an exciting opportunity to act in a key leadership position for an established and respected organization.
During Her lifetime, Princess Grace of Monaco was deeply committed to helping emerging artists realize their career goals. The Princess Grace Foundation-USA continues this mission in Her honor. National in scope, the Princess Grace Foundation-USA is dedicated to identifying and assisting emerging talent in theater, dance, and film by awarding grants each year in the form of scholarships, apprenticeships, and fellowships. Incorporated in 1982 and headquartered in New York City, the Princess Grace Foundation-USA is a tax-exempt, non-profit, publicly supported organization. An international Board of Trustees oversees the governance of PGF-USA. Members of the Princely family of Monaco serve on the Board and are active participants in the Foundation’s business and events. To learn more about the Princess Grace Foundation-USA visit https://pgfusa.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will work in partnership with the staff and Board of Trustees to establish and implement the infrastructure needed to grow a $2million+ budget through the solicitation of individual and major gifts, institutional support and special events. The Development Director will also work with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees to find additional Trustees to augment the composition of the Board.
▪ Design and implement a comprehensive development plan
▪ Initiate, cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with the donor base, ensuring that they feel connected to the Princess Grace Awards mission
▪ Increase participation of individual and major gift donors by re-imagining membership programs and benefits
▪ Develop and execute strategies to secure sponsorship for the annual Awards Gala and other events
▪ Identify and procure Awards Gala leadership and host committees
▪ Plan and oversee all special events from intimate “Artist Salons” to black-tie annual Awards Gala
▪ Continue to build the Princess Grace Foundation-USA Guild for young professionals as a pipeline for future host committees and Board of Trustees
▪ Manage part-time Development Assistant
▪ Work with the Board of Trustees to leverage new donor acquisition
▪ Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
▪ Seven+ years of professional development experience in a nonprofit organization
▪ A passion for the arts and the mission of this organization
▪ Ability to create and implement strategic development plans
▪ Demonstrated competence in initiating, cultivating and maintaining donor relationships
▪ Excellent oral and written skills
▪ Ability to plan and execute a wide range of events
▪ Professional demeanor and the ability to interact and develop relationships with a wide range of people including staff, board, major donors, artists, and high-profile individuals
▪ The flexibility to work independently and as a team player
▪ Strong organizational and time-management skills with exceptional attention to detail
▪ Computer proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with other development tools a plus
▪ Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
A competitive salary, based on experience and expertise and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
Please email a thoughtful cover letter and resume to the attention of Greg Phillips of CSTAR Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.